Rad Reading-March

This month I decided to read Rumble Fish by S.E. Hinton. I haven’t finished the book yet, but I’m on page 59. This book is about a boy named Rusty-James that looks up to his older brother, who is called by people in their neighborhood, The Motorcycle Boy. But the problem is: is that Rusty is more of a person who gets into fights all the time, and whenever he does his brother is always there to help him out. But as Rusty-James life begins to progressively get worse, his brother isn’t there to help him through that. I’m beginning to like this book a lot because, it shows the perspective of a younger sibling. The book also gives a good message of that you shouldn’t always depend on someone else to help you whenever you need to, because there may be instances where you can’t ask for help. My Favorite character so far is The Motorcycle Boy because he does help his younger brother but also knows that he doesn’t have to all the time. This quote can prove my statement, “When did you get here?” Smokey asked him. Then to me he said “ You’re hurt, man.” My favorite Quote from the book is, “he was the coolest person in the whole world. Even if he hadn’t been my brother he would have been the coolest person in the whole world. And I was going to be just like him.” I liked this quote because it show just how much Rusty-James looked up to his brother and praised him. Also how he wants to just be like him when he’s older reminds me of how some of my siblings are. Happy reading!

One thought on “Rad Reading-March”

1. Be sure to explain the quote to prove the character trait. Without reading the book, I don’t know what that quote refers to so you have to give the context as to why it makes him helpful. 🙂